1. Evaluate the H5P interactive video you created last week using the SAMR or SECTIONS frameworks?

In order to evaluate the H5P interactive video, I will be using S.A.M.R Framework. In this framework, S stands for Substitution, A stands for Augmentation, M for Modification and R for redefinition (Netolicka, Jan, and Ivana Simonova).  In my H5P video, the substitution occurred when the teaching methods of multimedia principle explained with the help of interactive video rather than slides or text-based content. In Augmentation, the multiple-choice question is embedded which enhanced the student experience in learning about the topic. While in modification, we tried to collect the student response from the video itself for noting their attention to the video content. Last, the redefinition which shows in the video that learning about the topic completely changes by using interactive video and embedding the multiple-choice questions. It provides a completely different experience to the student by using H5P interactive video.

1. Explain why you chose the evaluation framework you used?

I selected the SAMR framework for the evaluation of my H5P interactive video as this framework can help the educators in understanding the role of technology in enhancing and transforming the traditional learning methods. In this way, this framework also helps me in understanding the role of H5P interactive video I supporting learning.

1. List and briefly discuss at least two multimedia principles that directly relate to the interactive H5P video you created last week?

The two multimedia principles that directly related to my H5P video are the signalling and segmentation principles (Mayer). In Signaling, the interactive video signal towards a piece of information. Just like, multiple-choice questions do with logo on screen of the video. While in segmentation, the information is presented in pieces by dividing the whole video into a few multiple choice question in the video. Hence, these two multimedia principle most connected to the H5P interactive video.

Netolicka, Jan, and Ivana Simonova. “SAMR model and bloom’s digital taxonomy applied in blended learning/teaching of general English and ESP.” 2017 International Symposium on Educational Technology (ISET). IEEE, 2017

Mayer, Richard E. “Using multimedia for e‐learning.” Journal of Computer Assisted Learning 33.5 (2017): 403-423.